$ 1,250.00 USD
LEVEL 1 - LIVE CERTIFICATION
November 8 - 11, 2018
Learn directly from expert Katherine Roberts in this dynamic, comprehensive 4-day program. Learn YFG methodologies through an integration of instructional sessions, interactive hands-on training, homework “assignments,” and practice teaching. You’ll even spend time on the golf course. Each participant will receive a YFG Instructors Manual with approx. 100 pages of information on the golf swing and the YFG yoga par/birdie sequence along with proprietary training videos and instant download videos.
Register for Level 1 & 2 live certification together and save $250!
Troon North Golf Club, 10320 E. Dynamite Blvd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85262
- All levels of flexibility and golf abilities are welcome
- No previous yoga or golf experience is needed
(we’ll teach you everything you need to know!)
Designed and developed by Katherine Roberts, the YFG live certification program encompasses 30 hours of specialized golf &golf fitness instruction with particular focus on:
- The influence of biomechanics on swing techniques
- The anatomy of the golf swing across all 3 planes of motion
- An in-depth understanding of the body-swing connection through body symmetry, balance and alignment
- The importance of proper breathing, inward focus, and a quieting of the mind;how to apply it to players;and how to incorporate it into warm-up, practice and competition scenarios
- Understanding and working with common golf injuries
- Helping players reduce risk of injury
- Yoga poses specifically adapted to improve performance and the direct golf benefit
- Basic marketing and business development to increase revenues as a Katherine Roberts’ Certified YFG Instructor
Through our Level 1 certification training, you will:
- Learn the correlations and benefits of yoga for golf performance.
- Learn golf biomechanics, anatomy of the golf swing muscles and the kinetic link of the golf swing.
- Understand the physical and psychological challenges of the “typical” golfer and their common injuries.
- Learn the importance and appropriate modification of yoga poses at Par, Birdie and Eagle levels of YFG programs.
- Understand and practice the ability to teach the direct golf benefit of specific yoga poses.
- Experience insight into the mind of the golfer and how to guide them to peak performance while applying guiding yogic philosophies.
- Teach yogic concepts including finding more joy in the game, acceptance, "one-pointed concentration" and more.
- Practice sequencing for 15, 30 and 45-minute classes as well as understanding varying populations.
- Learn marketing strategies for specific target markets; working with PGA &LPGA Professionals and fitness trainers; potential revenue streams;effective use of marketing materials and products.
BENEFITS TO YOU:
Expand your knowledge-base and overall fitness
- Develop and/or deepen your understanding of the golf swing.
- Learn leading-edge yoga techniques specific to golf and the golf swing.
Differentiate yourself in the marketplace among current and prospective clients.
- Teach Yoga For Golfers® (YFG) proprietary methodology to all ages and all levels of physical capabilities.
- Deliver immediate results in mental and physical performance for your clients.
Grow your business &revenue stream.
- Tap into this popular sports market – GOLF – with over 26 million golfers in the U.S. alone.
- Inspire golfers in your life and community with the benefits of yoga.
- Coach players with an innovative, leading-edge methodology to improve their game year-round, even in the off-season.
Upon successfully completing all requirements, you will be a Katherine Roberts’ Certified Yoga For Golfers® Instructor, which entitles you to:
- Teach YFG methodologies
- Market and promote your YFG Certification
- Use the YFG logo in accordance with established guidelines
- Inclusion in the Katherine Roberts’ YFG Online Instructor Directory – a great source for prospective new clients and referrals.
- Join Katherine’s Private Certified Instructor Facebook group and become part of the YFG community of certified instructors
DETAILED DAILY SCHEDULE:
Terms & Conditions for Katherine Roberts’ YFG Instructor Certification Program
Katherine Roberts’ Yoga for Golfers® (YFG) is providing Level 1 instructor certification in Scottsdale, Arizona on November 8 - 11, 2018. Price does not include accommodations or airfare.
AS PART OF THE INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION REGISTRATION PROCESS, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
A. To become a Katherine Roberts’ Certified Yoga for Golfers® Instructor, I understand and agree that:
- I must attend, fully participate in, and successfully complete a certification course (Instructor Certification Program) presented by YFG, as more fully described in the course description materials available on the YFG website at www.yogaforgolfers.com.
- Attendance in the Instructor Certification Program and completion of program requirements will not assure that I receive Certification. Whether I have successfully completed the Instructor Certification Program will be determined by YFG (or its designees) in its sole discretion, based on my demonstrated command of the skills necessary to teach Katherine Roberts’ Yoga for Golfers® classes. I acknowledge and agree to the inherently subjective nature of this determination.
- I am aware that this Instructor Certification Program
with Katherine Roberts is intended to provide me with more
knowledge of yoga. I understand that the practice of yoga
involves movement, stretching and exercise that may from time
to time be extensive and strenuous and that there is
consequently some risk of injury. I also understand that
the program will be mixed level and I am responsible to
judge my own capabilities with respect to practicing during
each yoga class. By my participation in this Instructor
Certification Program, I agree to take full responsibility
for not exceeding my limits, and for any injury I might suffer
during the practice of yoga.
I represent and warrant that I am physically fit and I have no medical condition that would prevent my full participation in the Instructor Certification Program. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to ascertain, by consulting with a physician, that there is no medical reason to prevent my participation in this Instructor Certification Program. I also acknowledge that it is my responsibility to inform the instructor when I begin each class of any physical limitation, injury or other condition that might affect my ability to participate and to inform the instructor immediately if any injury occurs during the class.
I waive and release any claim that I might have at any time for injury or damages of any sort against Katherine Roberts, Yoga for Golfers® or Northstar Coaching, LLC, or any person or entity in any way involved therewith.
B. Once I am certified and for as long as I maintain my certification, I understand and agree that:
- I will be certified for a period of one (1) year, beginning on the date of issuance of my Certification, called my Certification Period.
- During my Certification Period, I am entitled to teach yoga classes in the proprietary method and style owned by YFG, called the YFG System.
- During my Certification Period, I may refer to myself as a "Katherine Roberts’ Certified Yoga for Golfers® Instructor."
- For each successive year that I wish to extend my Certification, I must successfully complete ten (10) hours of continuing education courses designated as such by Katherine Roberts’ YFG. A Certified Instructor Continuing Education (CE) Course is a yoga class, session, workshop, lecture, retreat, or webinar taught by YFG or its designee, and designated by YFG as being an Instructor Continuing Education (CE) Course. Successful completion, which shall be determined in YFG's sole discretion, of ten (10) hours of Certified Instructor CE Sessions within my 1 year Certification Period, shall entitle me to one (1) additional year of certification from the end-date of my current Certification Period.
- I will maintain my listing on the online directory of active Katherine Roberts’ Certified Yoga for Golfers® Instructors at yogaforgolfers.com. I will notify YFG within thirty (30) days of any change in my contact information, including street and email address. Failure to meet either of these requirements may result in the immediate expiration of my Certification.
- Certification does not entitle, nor qualify, me to train, teach, or give instruction to others in connection with, or towards completion of, the YFG Instructor Certification Program, Continuing Education Courses, or any portion or derivative thereof. I understand and agree that I am prohibited from training or attempting to train anyone in how to teach the YFG System to others.
C. Upon expiration or termination of my certification, I understand and agree that:
- I am expressly prohibited from teaching the YFG System, and I will no longer use any Yoga for Golfers® Materials or the Trademarks, nor may I use the designation, or hold myself out as, a Katherine Roberts’ Certified Yoga for Golfers® Instructor.
YFG SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO ME AS A RESULT OF, OR ARISING OUT OF, THE YFG SYSTEM, THE INSTRUCTOR CERTIFICATION PROGRAM, OR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY YFG, INCLUDING ANY LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE. As a material inducement to admit me to the Instructor Certification Program, and a material factor in the determination of the tuition charged therefor, I hereby waive any and all claims, and agree not to hold YFG, including its owners, managers, employees, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, partners, and instructors, responsible for any injuries, or other damages, suffered by me or any loss which I may incur that is caused in whole or in part, may arise, occur, or be attributable to: (1) a breach of any representation, warranty, or promise made by me;(2) any misstatements made by me;(3) my failure to follow the instructions of my instructor(s);(4) my failure to disclose in writing any physical impairment or condition of mine;(5) my inability or failure to satisfactorily complete the Instructor Certification Program or any Certified Instructor Continuing Education Session;(6) the courses offered and standard of instruction;(7) interruption or termination of the Instructor Certification Program or any Certified Instructor Continuing Education Session due to illness, acts of God, civil unrest, terrorism, or any other unforeseen circumstances;(8) any accident, injury or loss that occurs off of or outside of the physical premises of the Instructor Certification Program or any Certified Instructor Continuing Education Session;(9) the negligence of YFG, or its employees, agents, representatives, successors, assigns, partners, and instructors;or (10) my participation in the Instructor Certification Program or any Certified Instructor Continuing Education Session.
Any dispute concerning terms and conditions set forth above will be resolved in accordance with laws of the State of Arizona, without regard to its principles of conflicts of law. Any action I, any third party, or YFG brings to enforce this Agreement or in connection with any matters relating to the YFG System shall be brought only in either the state or federal courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona, and I expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. The prevailing party in any dispute concerning this Agreement shall be entitled to recover from the other party its reasonable attorney's fees and costs. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
I have read, understand, and agree to the Terms &Conditions of the Katherine Roberts’ Yoga For Golfers® Instructor Certification Program.